Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedinrss feed email

Saturday 17 November 2012

Vampires and Werewolves...Oh My!

I've just written a Weekend Notes article about Twilight, and how the vampires and werewolves are actually completely extraneous to the plot, in the sense that if Stephanie Meyers were a better writer she could have written a teenage love story, and not needed to put sparkly vampires and clichéd ethnic minority werewolves in it.

It's a bit of a departure from my normal type of articles, so we'll wait and see whether 'tis approved by the editors.

In the meantime, I am going to bed, because my throat is scratchy, my nose keeps on sneezing, and I sense that some kind of illness must be creeping up on me. I find that the best way to stave these things off is to sleep, a lot, which is also good because I really like sleeping.

"See you morning!" as my younger daughter used to say from inside her cot.

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't already seen this, you might find it amusing.

    http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen it, but I've just read it and I do find it amusing! My one was published: http://www.weekendnotes.com/what-is-the-twilight-series-about/

      It is pretty much along the same lines as The Oatmeal's one. Except without the cartoons.

      Delete