Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedinrss feed email

Thursday 4 October 2012

A couple of useful hints that will serve you well in life.

Mornings are always compressed around here. I get sick of the sound of my own voice.

"Lori, eat up."
"Porridge, have you eaten your porridge?"*
"Josie, stop reading, and get your shoes on."
"Josie, stop reading, and brush your hair."
"Lori, remember to drink as well as eat."
"Josie, while I'm glad you're reading, please don't do it while you clean your teeth."
"Josie. Put the book down!"

I'm sure you can sense the theme with both my children. One won't eat. The other won't stop reading. Both of these things cause our mornings to stretch interminably towards the 08:30 deadline, by which time we have to be out of the house, or we will be late for school.

My own routine sometimes gets a little side-tracked, and distracted.

Does yours?

If it does, then have two very handy and helpful hints for you:

1. Carefully inspect the aerosols that you pick up. Shaving CANNOT be substituted for deodorant. It will set you back quite some time in your morning routine.

2. Carefully inspect your make-up bag. It may be that a child has put something in it that will not work with your look. Like a glue stick, instead of lip gloss. Take it from me. This does not work, not even for constructing an on-trend high-shine glitter look.

Lindsay's workmates were impressed with what she could create using only the children's art supplies.
*One of Lori's nicknames. We used to call Josie, "Josie Posie, and then just "Posie". When Lori arrived we called her "Lori Pori", and then "Lori Pori Porridge", it ended up as "Porridge". Why? Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Those are wise words. If only I'd witnessed the experience that elicited them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still alone enjoying my morning of quiet in the house I just cleaned before I rouse the creatures, one will cackle and laugh maniacally at his food and the other will demand a bath in a bucket with Dangermouse.

    My routine always gets off track so I try to be awake first and have all the cleaning/washing sorted before the wave of excitement hits.

    "Please leave your brothers feet? No he didn't want to lie down" "I agree that's a lovely picture but could you eat the blueberries instead of drawing on the wall?"

    ReplyDelete