Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedinrss feed email

Monday 1 October 2012

Sentences I dread...

Josie: Mummy! Mummy! We really need to start working on an extremely complicated costume for Hallowe'en.
Lori: Why, Josie? I have a bumblebee costume [see below].
Josie: Because you have to have a complicated, home-made costume so that you can win a prize.
Lori: Oh yes, my friend Orla won a surprise. She was a cardboard box. A cardboard box! It was on her head, and her feet stuck out the bottom. She got a pens and pencils surprise. We need cardboard boxes.

Oh. My. God.

Children don't understand the concept that there are 120 children in P1 - P3, and only 2 prizes. When am I going to make a costume? What am I going to make?

Ideas, anyone?

This is what she means by Bumblebee, of course. A Transformer, not an actual bee.




1 comment:

  1. Depends on the mess you want to create. One of the best I've seen is a zombie outfit. Take very old clothes - rip and shred; rub them in lots of soil and dose with a liberal sprinkling of talcum powder. Zombie makeup - ask any goth..... Et voila! One zombie! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete