Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedinrss feed email

Thursday 19 July 2012

Oooh...Prussian Blue!

I was about to write a blog post about finishing the first draft, and then I got all distracted by Prussian Blue, and pizza for tea.

And then I found out that it wasn't just Prussian Blue, oh no (thanks, Google). It was Prussian Blue, Dark Amber, and the Russian heroine Anna Karenina.

No, I'm not writing a meta fan-fic homage to the the Twilight fan-fic that is 50 Shades of Grey (haven't read it, don't plan to, unless I win all of them on a tombola.).  It is actually the Autumn-Winter collection for Anne Fontaine, which is my favourite shop ever. And then I remembered that we'd been in the shop a month ago, and that the shop assistant had already told me all of the stuff that I had just Googled! And then I felt old, and easily distracted, which is quite clearly the case.

Anyway, all of that distraction from the main thrust (first draft, woot woot!) seemed quite appropriate, because finishing the first draft of the first draft isn't actually that big a deal, when I know it will need a ton of rework and editing.

So, in the mean time, while you listen to the holding music that is rework and editing phase, why not look at this lovely picture of a red squirrel. Because who could fail to like one of these?



Hint: If the answer is you, then you're probably not going to like my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment