Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedinrss feed email

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Bedminster

A friend wrote on Facebook that she had been to Bedminster for the afternoon. I thought she meant she'd been having a nap, as in:

"Off to Bedminster for the afternoon, Jeeves. Back in time for scones. Toodlepip."

It's not. It's a suburb of Bristol (boring). Except not boring...because it's right next to a little part of Bristol called Totterdown.

Is this a coincidence? I will consult with 11-year-old-self.

Calling directly from the early nineties...she says "No coincidence!"

Bedminster shall henceforth be the name used for going for a mid-afternoon nap.

Are your children playing up, feeling fractious, overtired?

Worry not, I have the answer. Send them to Bedminster. And then Totterdown to Bedminster yourself.

Parenting problems solved. No need to thank me.

4 comments:

  1. That is actually awesome and the most Wodehousian thing I have heard in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you. It amused me, so it comes as a great relief to know that I am not alone. :)

      Delete
    2. When you place said call to younger self does your older self use the Jeeves voice and the younger self the Bertie voice? Mine would.

      Delete
    3. I wish she could, but 11-year-old self doesn't even have a TV yet. Poor thing. She reads a lot, especially about the Romans.

      Delete