Social Icons

twitter facebook google plus linkedinrss feed email

Saturday 22 September 2012

Raeburn Place = Gauntlet

Trying to walk down Raeburn Place today made me feel like Edinburgh was properly, properly home. I think I met more people I know in that one small length of street than I've ever met in one day in Edinburgh before.

Everyone wanted to chat, even though some of them, and me too, had appointments they had to meet.

When I think about moving out of town when we sell our flat (hah!); it makes me feel very sad and glum. I'm not sure I want to take that step, when such a lovely little village within a city exists just 10 minutes walk from the office.

I could live here, I really could. Except I couldn't., because I'd need to sell a kidney.
So, we'd be stuck in a small flat again (unless the job fairies fly in with an offer to me make me CIO at their special Fairy company selling financial product for the prudent gnome), but would it be worth it to be able to be sooooo close to work?

Andrew tells me I'm putting the cart before the horse again, but I can't help but plan!


1 comment:

  1. You need to talk to Suzi, Linz. She lived HER WHOLE LIFE on Montpelier Park. She was really dubious about moving away, but now we have, she's made up about it. Just be sure to pick somewhere with good bus routes and/or learn to drive. :)

    It is nice out in the 'Burbs.

    ReplyDelete